Thursday, September 8, 2011

Introduction

Hello. My name is Kirkland Buchanan. I'm a student at Whitney Young, where my favorite subjects are, in this order, chemistry, world studies, American literature, Spanish, driver's education, and geometry. I'm not quite sure, but I believe that my learning style is either interactive or visual. Living with me are my mother, brother and sister. My parents are divorced, with my father living in southern Hyde  Park in Chicago, I living at the northern end. He has a wife and adorable son, my half brother, who is almost two, as well as another ex-wife with a 19 year old daughter, who is severely handicapped. As far sports go, I am a wide receiver on the Whitney M. Young Dolphins football team. I speak Spanish to an extent, but I'd like to learn French, Chinese and Latin fluently. Religiously, unlike most in my family, I am a deep Roman Catholic, and also, unlike those in my family, politically, I am a conservative. Socially, I wouldn't say I'm popular, nor disliked. I have a lot of friends, as was established last year. I just hate some students who tell me shut up as they talk out of turn. Aren't they the pot calling the kettle black? My desired future profession is in the United States Army, as a commissioned officer. Such a profession seems to me as very fun. I'm the type of guy that really dislikes people who oppose wars not by addressing politicians but by insulting the troops. I have high hopes for this year, and I hope to see results   as fruits of my labors.

3 comments:

  1. sup, kirk. it's milton :D. never knew you wanted to join the army, dude. always knew you were a patriot, though, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents are divorced too, and I also have a stepmom. I love learning abouty history and politics. Ever since the first day of school, I knew you were a conservative patriot. Ridiculously obvois :). I am a staunch Democrat, but we can still negiotiate, can't we? I also have great repect for the US military forces, and if my becoming an attorney doesn't work out, I will join the Navy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What makes you want to join the army? Like i want to join the Navy or Marine corps, it's way better like you get to work with aviation which is what ROTC's Chief from last year did in the Navy. Well i hope you're able to make it into the Army, it'll be tough!

    ReplyDelete