Sunday, December 4, 2011

My hunting hat.

The thing that I think distinguishes me very well is my behavior in the presence of my friend Elijah Price. Elijah and I met last year on the day of the carnival, the first time that I remember seeing him. We spoke for a while at a the table in Billy Goats with some other friends of mine, and he kept mentioning a girl he wanted to take to homecoming, and I thought that when he said that he didn't have the courage to ask her it was kind of cute. After the carnival, I drove Elijah home, and we became acquainted. I said hi to him often when I saw him, but he was not a truly good friend of mine until the middle of winter of my freshman year, when I drove him home often. He was indeed a good friend of mine by this time, but certainly not a bestfriend. We continued to talk, but this year, our relationship became very strong. I have PE with him, and we talk a lot during that time. As well, I'm often with him and another friend during 9th period. One thing must be said for Elijah and I's friendship that characterizes it, and that is Elijah's humor and the presence of inside jokes. Like me, Elijah has a habit of saying things so amazingly unwonted that one may ignore his saying it. Those things I will not mention, but the insides can receive some mention. This Friday, we sat in the piano room with three other friends, including Sarai, and after Elijah played a theme on the piano, my friend Will called it a "raw beat". "Raw beat" rhymes with "raw meat", something important in one of our inside jokes. This caused Elijah and I to burst with laughter. The room might've wondered what we were laughing at, and we did explain it to them. Saturday, Bryce, Anthony, Elijah and I went iceskating alongside a horde of freshmen. Elijah was very angry at the amount of freshmen, and while we were in The Bean taking photos, he began to jump whenever he saw a camera flash in his refusal to appear in any of the photos of the event. Anthony and I staggered about with laughter, to the point that I had tears streaming down my face. Elijah's very behavior that night caused me to laugh hysterically; he hated being around these ninth graders, and there were issues even getting him into the food eateries that they were in. I had a great night with Elijah. He is someone that I am happy to have met.

No comments:

Post a Comment